1. Who we are
This website (the “Site“) is owned and operated by Occupyd Limited (“us”, “we”, or “Occupyd”) a company registered in Scotland with company number SC598965, having its registered office address at 19 Canning St, Edinburgh EH3 8EG.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access the Site, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase services via the Site, post material to the Site or compete customer surveys.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase services via the Site or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on the Site (see ‘Cookies’ below).
We also collect personal information about you from Facebook if you register with us via Facebook, including name, email address, phone number, date of birth and any other information available on your Facebook profile.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through the Site. Such information includes:
· your name, address and contact details
· date of birth
· bank account and payment details
· details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
· information about the services we provide to you
· your account details, such as username, login details
· any conversations between you and other Users conducted through the Site.
We use this personal information to:
· create and manage your account with us
· verify your identity
· provide services to you
· customise the Site and its content to your particular preferences
· send you Listings you may be interested in based on your particular preferences
· notify you of any changes to the Site or to the Service that may affect you
· improve the Service
· moderate the interactions between Users and other Users
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
3. Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
4. Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When you register for our newsletter:
- Contact details: your name, phone number and email address
We ask for this:
- to create and manage your account with us; and
- to communicate with you about your account
We will keep this information until:
- you close your account with us
- we close your account
5. Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site or Listings in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the Service, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
6. Cookies and similar technologies
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
· remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
· customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
· collect statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with Users; and
· gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and includes information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Site which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk .
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
We will ask for your permission to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. for you to use the Site or create Listings).
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
We would like to send you information about Listings and special offers which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you register your account with us.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 2 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
8. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
· fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
· access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
· require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
· require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
· receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
· object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
· object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
· object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
· otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
· claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
· email, call or write to us
· let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details),
· let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
· let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
9. Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisoryauthority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
12. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.