The Chippy By Spencer is brought to you by Spencer Wilson and Keith Leahey.
Born during the pandemic, this Broughton Street chippy makes all of their food fresh to order and pride themselves on catering to a wide variety of different dietary requirements. If you’re looking for the best Fish & Chips in the New Town, you’ve come to the right place.
Spencer himself has enjoyed a long career working in some of Londons top restaurants including The Dorchester, Michelin starred Le Pont de la Tour, Harrods and even Buckingham Palace. Spencer spent time at the Michelin star restaurant, Petrus, part of the Gordon Ramsay Group as well as working with Gordon Ramsay at The Berkeley Hotel.
After relocating to Edinburgh in 2009 to join the Scotsman & Glasshouse Hotels, Spencer fell in love with the city and settled down. He then assumed the role of Executive Chef at the The Caledonian (Waldorf Astoria) and then the Vittoria Group as Group Executive Chef before striking out on this new venture with Keith Leahey.
- BATTERED HADDOCK, £7.00, Haddock fried in a crispy golden batter served with tartar sauce and a lemon wedge.
- BREADED HADDOCK £8.00 Haddock fried coated in breadcrumbs served with tartar sauce and a lemon wedge.
- BAKED HADDOCK £7.00 Baked haddock with a lemon and herb butter served with tartar sauce and a lemon wedge.
- VEGAN FISH and CHIPS £6.50 Roasted aubergine, wrapped in seaweed and deep fried, served with vegan tartar sauce and a lemon wedge
- BATTERED PORK SAUSAGE £4.00 2 X Locally produced pork sausage deep fried in batter.
- SMOKED SAUSAGE £4.00 Pork smoked sausage simply grilled
- WHITBY SCAMPI £10.00 8 pieces of whole tail scampi in breadcrumbs served with tartar sauce and lemon
- KING PRAWN £10.00 Breaded king prawn x 8 served with our own sweet chilli sauce
- STORNAWAY BLACK PUDDING FRITTERS £4.50 Stornaways finest black pudding battered and fried with a onion and apple and chutney
- HAGGIS £4.00 Locally produced haggis from Heatherfield battered and deep fried
- VEGGIE HAGGIS FRITTERS £4.00 Vegetarian haggis battered and deep fried.
- WHITE PUDDING £4.00 Traditional white pudding battered and deep fried.
- SALT AND PEPPER SQUID £6.50 Succulent pieces of squid, lightly coated in seasoned flour and a wedge of lemon.
- THE CHIPPY DELUXE FISH CAKE £6.50 Salmon and smoked fish cakes x 2 battered and deep fried.
- HAGGIS SPRING ROLLS £4.50 3 x Made in house with Campbell’s haggis wrapped in crispy pastry, served with our own sweet chilli sauce.
- BREADED CHICKEN BREAST GOUJONS £6.50 5 x breaded chicken breast strips, served with a chipotle mayo dip.
- The Chippy Fish finger sandwich £6.50 An old childhood classic of in house breaded haddock goujons between chunky sliced bread and tomato ketchup
- The Sea dog £7.50 Battered haddock served in a hot dog roll drizzled with chipotle mayo served with fried onion.
- FISH TORTILLA WRAP £5.50 Blackened Cajun spiced Hadock served in a soft tortilla with crisp vegetables, sweetcorn, tomato salsa and guacamole
- HALLOUMI TORTILLA WRAP £5.50 Blackened Cajun spiced halloumi served in a soft tortilla with crisp vegetables, sweetcorn, tomato salsa and guacamole
- CHICKEN TORTILLA WRAP £5.50 Breaded chicken goujons served in a soft tortilla with crisp vegetables, sweetcorn, tomato salsa and guacamole
- The Chippy mixed fish – supper £13.00