I absolute love a Saturday night curry on the sofa and both Solti and its sister restaurant, Gautam’s, always deliver on intensively rich and flavoursome dishes.
“I absolute love a Saturday night curry on the sofa and both Solti and its sister restaurant, Gautam’s, always deliver on intensively rich and flavoursome dishes. Solti is home to hearty Nepalese fare with a modern twist and at its helm is father Chef Shovakhar Gautam who started his career in Kathmanu some 30 years ago. Meanwhile, son Khima is front of house, chatting to customers as if they went back years – ‘Solti’ is after all a phrase of affection to describe a close friendship and so patrons are treated as just that.
When takeaway removes that dine-in intimacy, Solti’s food continues to speak for itself. Their Chicken MoMo – steamed dumplings with chicken and spice filling – might just be the best outside of Nepal, whilst the signature Himali lamb hot pot sauce is the perfect pool in which to dunk a freshly baked naan.”
- Lamb Kathmandu. Medium – Hot. Contains Dairy. A medley of diced lamb, makhni lentils and spinach cooked with a hint of pickles £11.50
- Chicken Jai Mild – Medium. Contains Dairy & nuts. Coconut and cream with a hint of nutmeg flower in a delicately balanced mild sauce. £11.10
- Chicken Tikka Naga. Very very Hot. Chicken tikka in a dangerously spicy sauce with a touch of Timur. £11.10
- Add Lamb Tikka Naga. Very very Hot. Lamb in a dangerously spicy sauce with a touch of Timur. £13.95
- Himali Chicken Hot Pot. Medium – Hot. Julienne peppers, onions and ginger in a hot tangy sauce to warm you from the cold. £11.50
- Himali Lamb Hot Pot. Medium – Hot. Julienne peppers, onions and ginger in a hot tangy sauce to warm you from the cold. £11.50
- Mustang Ko Piro Piro Lamb. Hot – Very Hot. Spicy lamb chops in a thick gravy inspired by festive village feasts. Served in a semi-dry gravy. £13.50
- Gau’ Ko Kukhuro. Medium – Hot. (On the bone) Chicken on the bone inspired from the villages of Nepal, slow cooked on a low heat with a base of onions, garlic, tomato and ginger and finished off with a dash of spices. £10.95
- Machi Jhol. Mild – Medium. A village classic – boneless fish with hints of mustard seeds, curry leaves and garlic. £11.50
- Garlic Chilli King Prawns. Medium – Hot. King prawns in a spicy garlic chilli sauce, with mixed peppers and spring onions. £13.95
- Solti Ko Salmon. Medium – Hot. Marinated salmon in a spicy gravy with timur, onions and garlic. £14.50