Gautam’s is a family run restaurant, specialising in Nepalese and Indian cuisine. With over 30 years’ experience in the kitchen, Gautam’s two chefs started their careers in small restaurants in Kathmandu, Nepal, where they learned from everyday street vendors to top chefs at 5-star hotels, before migrating to India to gain further experience.
Eventually, the two chefs separated and made their journey to Ireland and Scotland separately, and ultimately met in Edinburgh. The house specialities at Gautam’s reflect this extensive travel in both, the authentic techniques, and bold flavours, which are evocative of South East Asia. Offering both collection and delivery, you can enjoy the authentic Himalayan experience at home.
- Pokhreli Chicken. Slices of Chicken tikka in a rich, thick gravy finished with a handful of peppers, mushrooms and onions£10.50
- Himalayan Hot Pot (Chicken)Julienne peppers, onions and ginger in a hot tangy sauce to warm you from the cold £10.50
- Himalayan Hot Pot (Lamb)Julienne peppers, onions and ginger in a hot tangy sauce to warm you from the cold £11.50
- Methi GohstLamb cooked in a rich and aromatic gravy of fenugreek leaves and spices £11.10
- King Prawn Chilli (indo Chinese) £12.95
- King Prawn Timurali Taal. King prawns simmered in a tomato, garlic and ginger sauce with a lashing of Nepali Sichuan peppers from the Himalayas £12.95
- Lamb Chop Curry £13.50
- Lamb Kathmandu £11.50
- Bhindi Gohst £11.50